Those of you who switched to Android but missed Fring, the social connect application for mobile phones. You all can now be happy, Fring’s Android version was launched today.
With fring, users can make free VoIP calls over Skype, MSN, Google Talk and via hundreds of SIP providers. The app also supports live chatting through ICQ, Yahoo, and more, and also boasts support for Twitter.
Fring on Android works over 3G, GPRS or WiFi connection.
What do you need to do to get your hands on this brand-new version?
You have 2 simple options for getting fring onto your Android device:
1. Get it directly from the Android Market:
• Start the Market application on your phone
• Search for fring and install
2. Get it from fring’s WAP site:
• On your Android phone, go to Settings > Applications and check the box to allow ’unknown sources’
• Point your phone browser to m.fring.com and download