Are ZiiLABS ready to unveil 1 GHz Android powered phone?
Thats the question we are asking ourselves since we have seen this invite which has been sent to press for an event of an product announcement.
As Androidandme says:
ZiiLabs is a wholly owned subsidiary of Creative Technology that has been trying to push their ZiiEGG device to OEMs. The first device had some impressive specs, but it never really caught on. Creative was hoping some company would pick up the device and bring it to retail which never happened.
All is not lost because ZiiLabs has been hard at work and updated their StemCell processor. The new ZMS-08 is an ARM Cortex A8 processor clocked at 1 GHz. That is the same architecture found in the Droid (OMAP3430) and upcoming Snapdragon based devices.
Highlights of the ZMS-08 processor
* Blu-ray Quality 1080p H.264 Video Decode
* 1080p H.264 Video Encode
* 720p H.264 Video Conferencing
* Accelerated OpenGL ES 1.1/2.0
* Xtreme Fidelity X-Fi Audio Technology
* Multi Format Media CODECs
* ARM Cortex-A8 at 1GHz
* Accelerated Graphics and Compositing
* Advanced Image Signal Processing
* Rich Peripheral Integration & Connectivity