As earlier leaked, Toshiba has launched AC100 Android smartbook. This netbook style device runs on Nvidia Tegra processor with 512 MB RAM on-board. AC100 will be available during the third quarter of 2010 throughout Europe, Middle East and Africa. Toshiba claims,AC100 can go for up to seven days without having to be recharged. When being used intensively, it can provide at least eight hours of mixed browsing and video playback on one charge.
- NVIDIA Tegra 250 Mobile Processor (1GH, ARM)
- Android 2.1
- RAM: 512 MB DDR2 (333 MHz)
- 32GB SSD
- 25.7cm (10.1”) TruBrite® display with LED backlight, 1,024 x 600 pixels
- Bluetooth 2.1 +EDR*, WLAN (802.11 b/g/n), Mobile Broadband
- 1 x USB 2.0, 1x Mini USB, Card Reader (SD, MMC), Audio out/Mic in combo socket, HDMI
- 1.3 MPixel Webcam with integrated microphone
- Size: 262.1mm x 189.8mm x 14 / 21mm
- Weight: starting at 870g
“Our smart companion, the AC100, is a member of the mobile internet device segment that combines the best of two product categories: like a smartphone, it is always on, whilst offering the convenience of a clamshell netbook with a bigger screen and a full size keyboard. It is targeted at users who utilise several devices but still desire an easy-to use, slim and light smart companion that can be taken almost everywhere and that offers superior usability to that of smartphones,” said Thomas Teckentrup, General Manager, Product, Strategy and Development Division, Computer Systems Group EMEA, in a statement.