Sprint just went on to make it official on their Twitter account that they have become the first telecom carrier in US to offer Android 2.2 update for any of their device.
Sprint will begin sending update notifications to users in waves beginning Tuesday, Aug. 3 and the upgrade should be available for all HTC EVO 4G users by the middle of August.
The notification will let the users know that the update is available and it will provide the simple two-step over-the-air download process.
1. Users will receive a notification that Android 2.2 is available for download.
2. Once the user has downloaded the update, they will be prompted to install the update. The user will be notified that their device will be disabled during the installation process. The phone will be ready to use once the process completes.
For those who just can’t wait to get Android 2.2, there will be an easy user initiated option to download the upgrade. Customers can access the software update through their HTC EVO 4G under the Settings Menu > System Updates > HTC Software Update. This will initiate the three-step process also.
Enhancements in Evo 4G after Android 2.2 update:
- Voice Dialing Over Bluetooth.
- Application Storage on External Memory, giving users more storage room for all their apps.
- Camera 4-way rotation allows the camera icons to rotate with the camera.