Nimbuzz recently released it latest version ‘2.0’ for Android, which comes with its own VIOP solution called NimbuzzOut.
Apart from NimbuzzOut, the new version features SIP, a brand new keypad, friends suggestions, and more personalization options, among others.
More on new features:
- NimbuzzOut will allow you to make cheap international and local calls to mobile phones and landlines over the internet without using your minutes!
- A Dialer Tab: call mobile phones and landlines via NimbuzzOut, SkypeOut or any of our SIP partners (Google/Gizmo5, Sipgate, Xeloq, T-Pad, VoIPax, Gulfsip, IPS, Badatel and more)
- Friend suggestions see which of your phonebook contacts are already using Nimbuzz so you can add them to your network. The more you add the more you save! ; )
- Facebook connect: more stable connection, improved the security of your Facebook data, and allow you to see the status message of your Facebook friends.
Folks over Phandroid did a review of Nimbuzz 2.0, few pointers for you from that review:
- SkypeOut and support for other VoIP providers, including Nimbuzz’s own NimBuzzOut. VoIP performance (call clarity, latency, etc) is fantastic.
- Integrated dialer and contact book that brings in all of your existing contacts and shows them with your messaging buddies.
- One of the few messaging clients that manages to stay connected without fail.
- Like other clients, no group chat and conference call support for Skype and other protocols.
- Also like other clients, you can’t send anything but audio, video, and images to your buddies (and the process was painfully slow over WiFi)