Telecom carrier buys 300,000 smartphones, 80 pct from ZTE
China Telecom subscribers will soon have two cheap Android phones to buy. China Telecom has ordered 300,000 inexpensive Android phones from Huawei and ZTE to tap the growing demand of smartphones.
While, ZTE’s entry model smartphone N600 will constitute 80 percent of those handsets, the remaining 20 percent will be Huawei C8500 Android phones.
Both the Android 2.1 powered phones will be priced below 1,000 yuan ($148.9). Talking about the specs, Huawei C8500 is powered by 528MHz Qualcomm MSM7625 chipset, a 2.8 inch 320×240 capacitive touchscreen, 256MB RAM, 512MB ROM, a 3.2-megapixel camera, and a 1050 mAh battery.
ZTE N600 comes with a 600 MHz Qualcomm MSM7227 chip, a 2.8 inches 320×240 capacitive touchscreen, 256MB RAM, 256MB ROM, a 3-megapixel camera, and a 1000 mAh battery.
Pretty decent specs for $150 phones, both these smartphone will hit Chinese market early October during China’s National Day holiday that begins from 1st October.
via Engadget, Reuters