Within hours from the official HTC announcement about the HTC Wildfire update, Vodafone has started rolling out the Android 2.2 update for carrier version of Wildfire.
The update announcement also clears lingering doubts about Live Wallpaper and Flash 10.1 support. HTC Wildfire will not support both the features due to hardware limitations.
Full announcement from Vodafone Below:
Today sees the launch of the Android 2.2 Froyo update for Vodafone HTC Wildfire customers. Below are the details of what benefits updating to 188.8.131.52 (Froyo) will give along with how to perform the update.
This update from Android 2.1 to Android 2.2 introduces all the supported functionalities that are included in this OS update. For a full list, take a look here.
The most notable are:
– Support for USB tethering
– Possibility of installing applications to SD card (if supported by the application)
– Native support for Activesync Exchange (email, contacts and calendar sync) and security policies
– Enhanced Camera application
– Enhanced Bluetooth support
– Speed and stability improvements
– Multiple keyboard languages
– WiFi Hotspot tethering
NOTE: “Live wallpapers” and “Flash” support in the browser (Froyo features) are not supported due to hardware limitations.