Panasonic marked its entry in tablets wars with the launch of its Android powered Viera tablet today at CES 2011. Viera will be available in three display sizes – 4inch, 7inch and 10 inches.
Company has planned this tablet to work as a companion to its Viera range to television to create a smart cloud based experience. Panasonic Viera will be available in global market later in the year.
Features of Panasonic Viera tablets:
(1) Enjoy IPTV services such as VIERA Connect* online video-on-demand and interactive services
(2) Use it intuitively as a “visual remote control” to operate TV including switching channels
(3) View sports scenes from different angles as a sub-screen
(4) Communicate via social network services (SNS) while watching TV
(5) Enjoy the advantage of e-commerce, ordering suggested items related to the TV contents by shopping online on the tablet
*VIERA Connect: IPTV service in VIERA televisions that offers a variety of contents and services easily accessible with the TV remote.
I think it is more of a Cisco’s Cius tablet competitor than any other consumer tablet available in the market.