As the Mobile World Congress is nearing, we are getting more and more leaks about the upcoming products. The latest Android gadget to join the list is Samsung Galaxy Tab 2. We knew this was coming, but haven’t heard about it till now. After launching the first decent competitor to Apple’s iPad, Samsung is getting ready with the second version.
According to the OLED-Display, the second version of Galaxy Tab will have LCD-TFT display due to lack of Super AMOLED these days. The publication has also put up a list of rumored specifications. You can find that later in the post. Surprisingly, Samsung is going the HTC way on this tablet. Rather than waiting for Android 3.0 aka Honeycomb, Galaxy Tab will release with Gingerbread on-board. As you know that HTC is also going to launch Gingerbread powered HTC Flyer, which will get the Honeycomb update later.
It seems Samsung do not want to get late in the tablet wars as there will be a rush of Android soon after the launch of Honeycomb.
- 3D Display (after upgrade to 3.0 Honeycomb)
- NVIDIA Tegra 2 processor
- 7-inch display
- Gorilla Glass screen
- 8.0 megapixel camera with HD video recording (1080p) with Dual LED flash
- 3.0 megapixel front facing camera
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth v3.0,
- USB Port
- 64 GB Internal Memory
- MicroSD Slot (up to 32 GB)
- 1024 MB RAM
- Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Compass, Barometer
- Colors: Black-Black, Black-Silver, White-Silver