Optus today announced that it will be launching its first 3D android smartphone LG Optimus 3D in the coming few days. Smartphone will be available for $0 up front on the Optus $59 Cap Plan from launch, and has a recommended retail price (RRP) of $799.
LG Optimus 3D comes with a dual core processor, Android 2.2, dual camera for 3D recording and a glasses free 3D display. Optus was vague about availability in the press release and stated early-July as the launch date, which means it should be available in stores sometime this week.
– 1GHz Dual-Core Dual-Channel processor (Texas Instruments OMAP4)
– 4.3-inch 3D WVGA screen
– 8GB memory , 512MB LP DDR2 RAM
– 1,500 mAh battery
– 2 x 5MP rear mounted cameras
– 2D: 1080p MPEG-4/H.264 recording and playback
– 3D: 720p H.264 SEI recording and playback
– HSPA+, DLNA/HDMI 1.4
– H.264, H.263, DivX, MKV, WMV-9, ASF, AVI, 3GP, MP4