Motorola India just announced that the Indian version of Xoom 3G and WiFi will be getting the Android 3.1 update starting tomorrow. Update will be pushed over-the-air, so your Xoom will get a notification window with the option to download the update immediately or at a later date. It can thereafter be downloaded manually by going to “Settings > About Tablet > System Updates.”
Update is 40MB in size. Other countries in Asia Pacific that will also be getting the same update include Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore, Australia and New Zealand.
- It activates the SD card slot
- Improved multi-tasking providing instant visual access to a larger number of applications
- Resizable home screen widgets for Gmail, Calendar and Browser
- Both keyboard and mouse support, which allows simultaneous input for devices over Bluetooth® (in any combination)
- Support for most PC joysticks and gamepads that connect over USB or Bluetooth
- Picture transfer directly from camera, so users can connect their cameras over USB and import their pictures to the Gallery with a single touch
- New high-performance Wi-Fi lock lets applications maintain high-performance Wi-Fi connections even when the device screen is off
- Preloaded Adobe® Flash® Player, as well as File Manager.