Google and Samsung have announced the rumored Galaxy Nexus today at a Hong Kong event. In-line with previous rumors and leaks Galaxy Nexus comes with 4.65 inch HD Super AMOLED Plus display and 1.2GHz dual core processor.
Galaxy Nexus is also the first Android smartphone to feature software buttons replacing the hardware counterparts. Running on Android 4.0, Galaxy Nexus comes with improved NFC support, all new notification system, and improved multitasking capabilities.
Among several firsts in the device, it will come with all new People app, redesigned camera interface and Face unlock feature.
Availability: Galaxy Nexus will be Available in USA, Europe, and Asia beginning in November followed by other countries.
Galaxy Nexus Features:
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- 4.65-inch HD Super AMOLED display with 720p resolution
- 1.2GHz TI OMAP dual-core processor
- 1GB RAM
- 5 MP camera with LED flash on the rear with “with zero shutter lag”
- 1.3 MP camera front camera for video calling.
- Bluetooth 3.0, USB 2.0, 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi (2.4GHz and 5GHz)
- Accelerometer, Compass, Gyroscope, and light / proximity sensors, and barometer
- Curved Form
- 16/32GB internal storage
- LTE and HSPA+ connectivity
- Dimensions: 135.5 x 67.94 x 8.94
- Weight: 135g
ICS Specific Features:
- Redesigned UI
- Improved multitasking, notifications, Wi-Fi hotspot, NFC support, full web browsing
- Software Navigation buttons
- People App with Google+ Integration
- Redesigned Camera Interface with panorama mode
- Face Unlock – Facial recognition to unlock your phone
- Android Beam to share content via uses NFC