Huawei has announced that it will start selling its flagship Huawei Honor in select Asian markets next month. Featuring Android 2.3.5, Huawei is company’s first attempt at high-end smartphone market.
Company has made a lot of tweaks in Honor and it dubs the software in as Huawei Android Platform 5.1 (HAP). Being shipped in five different colors, Honor will be available in Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia, Japan and China from December, with other markets to follow.
HAP 5.1 Features:
- Enhanced UI features exclusive icons and widgets. 3D transitions in Music Player
- Huawei All-Backup allows users to backup and restore data including contacts, messages, call logs and settings, as well as third-party applications to / from Honor’s SD card.
- Honor’s Smart Data Traffic Manager enables better management and overview of the phone’s data usage
- Inbuilt function View social media newsfeed of your contacts in one consolidated view
- HAP 5.1 also includes a File Manager that enables you to manage and access your files easily
- Huawei Guard scans and eliminates viruses, blocks calls and messages when needed and password-protects private content such as contacts, messages and call logs.
Huawei Honor Specifications:
- 4.0 inch 16M 16:9 true color FWVGA capacitive touch screen
- 1900mAh battery
- 1.4 GHz processor
- 8 megapixels auto focus camera supporting HDR, with 2 megapixels front-facing camera
- Measures 10.9mm (0.43 inches) at its thinnest point and weighs around 140g (0.3 pounds)
- WiFi 802.11b/g/n and Bluetooth V2.1 with A2DP
- 512M RAM + 4G ROM memory with a memory card slot up to 32GB
- Micro USB 2.0 port
- Assisted GPS support
- FM radio