Verizon is pushing out a major software update for Droid RAZR, and RAZR Maxx users. This update brings several improvements as well as Android 2.3.6 to both the devices. About 150MB in size, this update is rolling out over-the-air, so you will soon get a notification to install it or you can manually initiate the update by going to Settings>About Phone>System Updates.
- Mobile Hotspot will now successfully allow other devices to connect to all.
- Improvements in the Mobile Hotspot security.
- VZ Navigator has been updated with the latest 3D map improvements.
- Visual Voice Mail messages can be marked as read.
- Visual Voice Mail message playback resumes when audio is switched to speaker.
- Visual Voice Mail will successfully subscribe or unsubscribe while connected with Wifi.
- Successfully press back key after playback in Visual Voice Mail without error.
- V CAST App now comes preloaded.
- MotoCast installation steps have been improved for easier use.
- Improved stability of data connectivity after Airplane Mode is disabled.
- Improved data throughput performance in low-signal 4G environments.
- Improved Battery life when using Phone Book Access Profile (PBAP) Bluetooth headsets.
- Successfully save multimedia ringtones.
- Favorite Contacts widget has been updated.
- Improved device stability when moving between home screen panels.
- Email icon has been updated for improved visibility.
- When performing an Over the Air (OTA) update, the display will correctly show the remaining download time.
- CMAS (Commercial Mobile Alert Service) feature has been added.