Days after releasing an updated Google+ app for iOS, Mountain View based Google has finally released the update for Android version today. Dubbed as version 2.6, it brings the revamped interface, ability to start hangouts from phone as well as option to share circles directly from your Android smartphones.
Here is the full change-log:
- Visual refresh of the stream and improved navigation
- Initiate a Hangout from the main menu
- Support for ringing hangout notification
- Support for post editing
- Messenger suggestions for people you may know
- Download photos from posts or Messenger conversations
We continue to work toward a simpler, more beautiful Google, and today we’re accelerating these efforts with a new Google+ app for Android phones. The update includes lots of highly-requested features—like the ability to start a hangout on the go, and to edit posts inline—as well as a stream that celebrates the rich content shared across Google+. In all cases we’re building for a mobile future, and we’re excited about what’s ahead.
Vic Gundotra, Senior Vice President on Google Blog