As expected, Samsung has taken the wraps off its Galaxy Note II phablet at IFA trade fair. Featuring Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, Samsung Galaxy Note II comes with quad-core processor on-board. Samsung has revealed that Note 2 will go on sale in October starting in major European, Asian, and Middle East markets including India.
Samsung Galaxy Note II features 5.5-inch HD Super AMOLED display, 1.6GHz quad-core processor, 8MP rear camera, 1.9MP front camera, S-Pen, 2GB RAM, 16/32/64GB internal storage and 3100 mAh battery.
New software features in Galaxy Note II:
- Samsung Air View: Air View allows users to hover with the S Pen over an email, S Planner, image gallery, or video to preview the content without having to open it.
- Popup Note: It extends the concept of Popup Play, which lets users open an S Note instantly as a pop-up window anywhere on the screen.
- Quick Command: it lets users quickly activate frequently used apps with the S Pen. The command pad appears when a user just swipes upward on the screen with the S Pen button pressed.
- Screen Recorder: It allows users to record a whole sequence of actions taken on their screen — a demonstration of how to use an application.
- Easy Clip: It allows users to instantly outline and crop any content on the screen in any shape to save, share or paste.
- Idea Visualizer: It allows users to easily add illustrations by handwriting keywords on the S Note.
The smartphone will be available in Marble White or Titanium Gray color options,
“Last year at IFA, we launched the GALAXY Note, which opened a new category of smart mobile devices. This year, again at IFA, I am proud to announce the GALAXY Note II, which will encourage users to ‘unleash their inner creativity.’ With a perfect viewing experience and unique and differentiated features, users can discover information and capture their ideas faster, express thoughts freely and manage tasks more efficiently. For anyone who wants to be creative, expressive and unique, the Samsung GALAXY Note II will be the ideal device, allowing users to live a life extraordinary,” said JK Shin, President of IT & Mobile Communications Division at Samsung Electronics, in a statement.