After announcing the Optimus G three week ago, LG has now revealed all the details as well as availability of the smartphone. LG Optimus G will go on sale starting next week in Korea with a price-tag of 999,900 KRW ($895 USD) followed by Japan, United States and other key markets in October.
Featuring Qualcomm’s Fusion 3 chipset, which pairs a 1.5GHz quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro SoC (APQ8064) with a 2G / 3G / LTE radio (MDM9615), Optimus G features 2GB DDR RAM, 4.7-inch 1280x768p True HD IPS PLUS display with Zerogap Touch and 2100mAh Li-polymer battery.
It also comes with Android 4.0, 13-megapixel rear camera with single LED flash, 1.3MP front shooter, 32GB of built-in flash storage, WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, A-GPS, NFC and MHL.
“The Optimus G is a groundbreaking premium device not only in the history of LG but also in the smartphone industry. With the Optimus G, users will be able to experience unsurpassed UX features that will allow them to perform tasks that really enhance their daily lives,” said Dr. Jong-seok Park, president and CEO of LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company, in a statement.
LG Optimus G full Specifications:
- Chipset: 1.5GHz Krait CPU Qualcomm Snapdragon™ S4 Pro processor Quad-Core and LTE
- Operating System: Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- Network: 2G / 3G / LTE
- Display: 4.7-inch WXGA True HD IPSPlus (1280 x 768 pixels) / 15:9 ratio
- Memory: 32GB
- RAM: 2GB DDR
- Camera: 13.0MP or 8.0MP rear / 1.3MP front
- Battery: 2,100mAh (570Wh/L) / Talk time: 15 hours / Standby: 335 hours
- Size: 131.9 x 68.9 x 8.45mm
- Weight: 145g
- Other: Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi, USB2.0 HS, A-GPS, MHL and DLNA, NFC