Continuing the Android 4.0 update release for its Xperia line-up, Sony is now rolling out Ice Cream Sandwich for Xperia sola, U and go smartphones. The update is now available over-the-air and users will have to connect their phones to PC or Mac to upgrade them.
While, all three devices get almost same features in this update, Xperia sola will get a new feature dubbed as “Glove Mode,” this is based on company’s Floating Touch technology present in sola, and will allow smartphone buyers to use the device with their gloves on, which is normally not possible.
The update also brings three new media apps to these devices, which were earlier introduced with other Xperia smartphones – “Walkman”, “Album” and “Movies.”
As the update process is starting today, it will reach every market gradually, so don’t expect the update to show-up on your phones instantly.
Sony Xperia go, U and sola update change-log:
- Extended standby mode, increasing standby time by up to four times (depending on user-profile and data consumption)
- Lock screen with improved functionality
- Resizable widgets for improved personalization
- Improved control of your mobile data consumption
- Recent Apps button for a clear overview of your applications