HTC has unveiled the US variant of its 5-inch smartphone as Droid DNA on Tuesday. The smartphone is part of US telecom operator Verizon’s Droid line-up. Available for pre-order now, the smartphone will be available in-stores beginning Wednesday, November 21st for $199.99 with a two-year agreement.
The November 21 release will make Droid DNA, the first HTC 5-inch phone to go on sale worldwide, company’s “J Butterfly”, which was announced earlier with similar specs, is going on sale in December.
“It’s no secret that people depend on their smartphones more and more every day which rightfully raises expectations for performance, speed, and design. The DROID DNA by HTC embodies a smartphone that pushes the envelope in all of these areas with the first true 1080p HD display, latest quad-core processor, and Verizon’s 4G LTE network, all wrapped in a beautifully crafted design,” said Jason Mackenzie, president, HTC Corporation.
Launched in time for the holiday shopping season in the US, the smartphone packs some really impressive specs – 5-inch 1080p super LCD 3 display with Corning Gorilla Glass 2, a quad-core 1.5 GHz CPU, HTC Sense 4+ and Android 4.1.1, 8-megapixel camera with f/2.0 28mm wide-angle lens, 2.1-megapixel, f/2.0, 88-degree, ultra-wide angle, front-facing camera, 2,020 mAh battery, NFC and wireless charging support.
These are some top of the line specs and no doubt that HTC has come out with a smartphone that will excite the Android lovers.
DROID DNA KEY SPECIFICATIONS
- Cameras: 8MP, f/2.0, 28mm wide angle lens, smart LED flash, BSI sensor, autofocus, HTC ImageChip, and 1080p HD video recorder; 2.1MP, f/2.0, 88 degree ultra-wide angle front-facing camera, HTC ImageChip and 1080p HD video recorder
- Display: 5-inch 1080p Full HD super LCD 3 display with Gorilla Glass 2; 1920 x 1080 resolution with 440 pixels per inch (PPI)
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon™ S4 Pro quad-core 1.5 GHz processor(APQ 8064 and MDM 9615M)
- OS: HTC Sense™ 4+ with Android™ 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean)
- Memory: 16 GB eMMC*, 2 GB RAM
- Battery: 2020 mAh Lithium-Ion Polymer – embedded
- Network Technology/ Compatibility: CDMA: 800/1900MHz; GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900MHz; UMTS/HSPA: 850/900/1900/2100MHz; LTE 700 MHz (Band 13)
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 & 5 GHz)
- Dimensions: 141 x 70.5 x 9.73 mm
- Weight: 142 grams / 5.01 ounces