Google has announced that it is releasing a decently big update for Google+ Android app today. This update will take the app to version 3.3 and bring the new Google+ communities to the app along with full-sized photo uploads (upto 5GB), photo sphere to mobile stream and lock-screen widget (only for Android 4.2).
“Today we’re adding a new batch of Android features, including on-the-go profile editing, an easier way to author content, and a subtle notice when there’s new stuff to read. You can also subscribe to mobile notifications from your favorite circles and interact with Google+ Communities on your phone or tablet. We’re especially excited about our photo improvements—a core part of Google+, and one which you’ve consistently told us means a lot to you,” noted Google+ Vice President of Engineering Dave Besbris in a blog post.
If you are an Android 4.2 user, this particular app update will also bring animated GIFs, birthday reminders in Google Now, along with the lock screen widget.
- New feature: Google+ Communities
- Support for full resolution photo uploads via Instant Upload
- Subscribe to any circle for notifications
- Support for time zones in Events
- Basic profile editing
- Integration with Google Now to send birthday wishes to friends
- Support for animated GIFs
- Express your mood via animated images in posts
- View and explore Photo Sphere images (Android 4.2+)
- Add the Google+ widget to your device’s lock screen (Android 4.2+)
More on the update in the official blog post.