We recently reported about the Galaxy S III Android 4.1.2 update roll-out that began in Poland and brought several new features, which were first seen in Galaxy Note II. Now, Samsung has taken time to officially detail the update.
The company has also posted a video showcasing the new features on its official blog.
The new update, which should soon reach countries around the globe, comes with several new features including multi-window support. Here is the first half of the list, Samsung will publish the second half in the days to come.
(1) Page Buddy: Your phone will smartly predict what you intend to do according to your actions. For example, when you plug in your earphones, the device automatically opens up a page with the music player.
(2) Contextual Menu: When you list up apps, you can now choose to see the most frequently used ones first. Especially convenient when you’re looking through apps to find files to attach.
(3) Contextual Tag: When you take a picture on the phone, you can tag the weather, date, and place immediately.
(1) Multi Window: You can open two different apps at the same time into two different windows on the mobile screen.
(2) Auto Share Shot Pairing using NFC: By setting the camera to ‘Auto Share Shot’ mode, you can quickly share your photos and videos by simply tapping their GALAXY S III with other NFC and S-Beam enabled devices
(3) Reader Mode: You can easily control the size of the text on your browser! Also, you can just click the webpage to share it!
(4) Facebook Lock Ticker: The easiest way to see your Facebook News Feeds – set your phone to show it on your lock screen.
Update: Samsung has now published the second part of the update details:
(1) Paper Artist: You can make a picture like a pop artist! Change the moods of your pictures whenever you want!
(2) Camera, Low Light Shot: It’s always tough to take pictures in dark places. So the GALAXY S III with Premium Suite has a Low-Light-Shot function. Get your hands on one and check out the difference!
(3) Camera, Best Face: The problem with group pictures? Somebody always, ALWAYS blinks. Well, Best Face is your solution to that. Best Face takes 5 consecutive pictures and lets you choose the best face for each person among those shots.
New Features & Better Accessibility
(1) Easy Mode: For first-time smartphone users and/or those who are really really, well, lazy. This function helps you set up the most five frequently used widgets on the home screen, so you don’t have to be tired of looking everywhere to find those apps.
(2) Sound Balance: You can adjust the balance of volume one each side of earphones.
(3) Setup Wizard: After turning on your cell phone, you can see the accessibility menu right away on the screen.
(4) Camera Easy Snap: With ‘talk back’ and ‘face detection’ on your settings menu, the GALAXY S III tells you how many faces it can detect on the camera preview.