Sony has announced that it will start selling Xperia Tablet Z globally in second quarter of this year. The tablet is currently only available in Japan. The company also revealed the pricing for US market, where it will be sold for $499 (16GB version).
Sony did not give specifics on when and where can be expect the tablet.
Sony Xperia Tablet Z features a 10.1-inch FHD display, quad-core processor, Jelly Bean and 2GB RAM. The tablet will also come with 16/32GB of internal storage and 8MP rear camera. Sony has revealed that it is currently working on Android 4.2 update for the tablet and it will be available after launch.
”Xperia Tablet Z sets new standards in entertainment by matching premium specifications and Sony technology with cross-device connectivity and a consistent user-experience,” said Kaz Tajima, Corporate Vice President, Head of UX Creative Design and Planning, at Sony Mobile Communications.
Sony Xperia Tablet Z key features
- 10.1-inch HD 1920x1200p WUXGA Display with Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2
- S-Force Front Surround 3D
- 6.9 mm thick, weighs 495g
- Dust and water resistant (IP55 & IP57) with a durable glass front display
- 1.5GHz Snapdragon S4 Pro processor
- 2GB RAM
- Near Field Communication (NFC)
- 8 MP rear camera with “Exmor R for mobile”
- 2MP HD front camera