Sony has started selling its Xperia tipo successor – Xperia E in the Indian market. The phone, which recently went on pre-order, is now available at online retailers like Infibeam and Saholic for INR 9,999.
The Sony Xperia E runs on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean unlike the dual-SIM version, which only packs Android 4.0. The phone also comes with 1GHz processor, 3.5-inch HVGA display, 512MB RAM and 2.2GB of internal usable storage.
Among other features, the Xperia E packs microSD card slot, 3G, Bluetooth, 1530 mAh battery and 3.2MP rear camera. The phone also supports HD Voice, which is a feature that provides better voice clarity on calls and is currently supported by select telecom operators in the country.
Sony is also offering Headphone (MDR-ZX100A) worth Rs. 1,490 with every purchase of Xperia E in the country.
The dual-SIM version of the phone Xperia E Dual is already available in the country for INR 10,990.
Sony Xperia E key features:
- GSM GPRS/EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900
- UMTS HSPA 900 (Band VIII), 2100 (Band I) Global except Americas
- 3.5 Inch TFT capacitive display with 480x320p resolution
- 3.2MP rear camera
- 1 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM7227A processor
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- 3.5 mm audio jack (CTIA), Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, DLNA, GPS
- Dimensions: 113.5 x 61.8 x 11.0 mm, weighs 115.7 grams
- Colours: White, Black, Pink