We already know that Sony is going to launch its flagship smartphone Xperia Z in the country tomorrow. Now, new bits of information coming from an alleged Sony India insider have revealed that the phone will be available beginning March 12 in the country, which is about a week from today.
This person has also posted two images that will be presented at tomorrow’s press event. One of these images, which appear to be a slide of Sony India’s presentation, seems to confirm the March 12 availability.
Other image is of Katrina Kaif with Xperia Z, which is a no-brainer considering Sony India roped in the actress to promote Xperia smartphones recently.
There is no clarity on the pricing right now, but rumours suggest the phone will get a price-tag around INR 38,000, which is less than INR 45K that we are hearing earlier.
To remind you, Sony Xperia Z features a 5-inch FHD display, 1.5GHz quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro processor and 2GB RAM.
Sony Xperia Z Key features:
- Dimensions: 139 x 71 x 7.9 mm, 146 grams
- Google Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
- 1.5 GHz Qualcomm APQ8064+MDM9215M Quad Core
- 5.0 inches TFT display with 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution
- IPX5/7 (Water-resistant) & IP5X (Dust-proof)
- 13 megapixel Exmor RS camera with Auto focus and flash
- 2 MP, Exmor R, front facing camera (1080p)
Update: We have heard from our sources now that March 12 availability seems to be right about Sony branded stores, while other retail channels will get the phone in the third week of March.
Update 2: Sony Xperia ZL is also expected to go on sale the same day in India.
Thanks Anand | Source