Professional networking website LinkedIn today announced that it is rolling-out a new version of its official Android application in Google Play Store. The current update brings a re-designed app with richer story stream and more personalisation options to the users.
“Today, we’re excited to unveil a brand new mobile phone experience, completely revamped with the general professional and everyday use case in mind. We want to make it easier for our members to quickly discover and engage with the rich professional insights being shared across LinkedIn to help them make smarter decisions from wherever they may be working,” LinkedIn’s Tomer Cohen noted in a blog post.
The LinkedIn for Android update also brings localised versions for Turkish, Dutch and Norwegian languages.
Quick look at what’s new in LinkedIn for Android:
- Revamped design: A totally new design built from ground-up with focus on content, which is now in front and center.
- Richer stream: The app will now show most relevant and timely insights in your news stream so you can quickly discover and engage in conversations taking place across LinkedIn.
- Tailored experience: The new mobile app now offers even deeper personalization options with a brand new navigation page. Slide the main homepage screen to the right to reveal a customizable navigation page, preloaded with the features that are most useful to you.
- New beautiful and simpler design
- Now you can to invite, follow, like, share and comment on content right from the updates stream
- New personalized and customizable navigation for quicker access to your favorite features on LinkedIn
- Ability to follow Influencers to get access to original insights and content