Panasonic India has announced the launch of its new rugged Android tablet Toughpad JT-B1 for the businesses. The tablet can withstand a 5-foot drop and is also IP65 dust and water resistant.It runs on Android 4.0 and comes with software customisations for enterprise-grade security and management. Other features of the tablet include 7-inch display with 1024x600p resolution, which can be read perfectly in daylight.
“Toughpad tablets are designed for mission-critical and highly mobile workers in fields such as the military, oil & gas, construction, healthcare, public safety, utilities, retail, maintenance, supply chain logistics and insurance,” Panasonic notes.
The Toughpad JT-B1 has been priced at INR 69,000 (excluding taxes) and comes with three-year warranty.
“All Panasonic mobile computing devices are designed with enterprise-grade features such as a ruggedized build to withstand the harshest business environments, sunlight-readable screen for outdoor viewing, connectivity options for always-connected access and long battery life for uninterrupted usage on the go,” said Hide Harada, Director of IT Products Business Division, Panasonic Corporation.
Panasonic Toughpad JT-B1: Key Features
- Operating System: Android 4.0
- Processor: TI OMAP4460 1.5GHz Dual core
- Memory: 16GB ROM, 1GB RAM, micro SDHC
- Rugged: MIL-STD-810G, 5’ drop, IP65, 14° to 122°F (operational temp range)
- Display: 7”, daylight viewable, 500nit, WSVGA (1024 x 600)
- Camera: Front: 1.3Mp fixed focus, Rear: 13.0Mp auto focus w/ LED light
- Battery: 8.0 hours – Large 5,720mAh battery (user replaceable)
- Dimensions: 8.7”x 5.1” x 0.7”
- Weight: 1.2lbs
- Wireless: Bluetooth V4.0, 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, optional embedded 4G LTE + 3G
- I/O: Micro USB