Amazon has just released an update for its Appstore for Android client and added support for around 195 countries worldwide. So, now you have another place to get authentic Android applications.
Amazon Appstore is particularly useful for Android users in countries, where Google does not officially provide paid applications (currently available in 137 countries). If you live in one of such countries, chances are Amazon Appstore will work for you and you can download paid applications.
Even if Google Play provides paid applications in your country, you can find discounted applications on Amazon Appstore. You can also grab one paid app for free every day under ‘Today’s free app of the day’ promo.
So, ready to install Amazon Appstore on your Android device. Here we go:
1. First, allow installation of applications from unknown sources.
How to do:
- On ICS/ JB running devices – Go to Settings >> Security >> Unknown Sources >> check it.
- On Gingerbread devices – Go to Settings >> Applications >> Unknown sources >> check it.
Tap OK, if your phone asks for confirmation. ‘Unknown sources’ is already checked, you can skip this step.
2. Download Amazon Appstore for Android APK from this link.
3. Tap on downloaded APK file in your notification shade or downloads
4. Tap Install
5. Click OK or just open J
6. Amazon Appstore might give some warning or notification the first time you try to install an app, click OK and it will refresh to open your country-specific version and then it will start working.