Huawei India is reportedly planning to launch its 6.1-inch Ascend Mate smartphone in the Indian market next month. According to online reports, the phone is expected to be priced around INR 29,000.
Originally showcased at Consumer Electronics Show in January this year, Huawei Ascend Mate features a 6.1-inch 720p display and is powered by 1.5GHz quad-core processor. The phone runs on Android 4.1 and comes pre-loaded with the company’s Emotion user interface. Other features of the phone include 2GB of RAM and 8MP rear camera. You can check out the full specification later in the post.
The phone is expected to go on sale around the first week of June, in time for the release of LG’s Optimus G Pro smartphone. Huawei Ascend Mate is going to compete directly with Optimus G Pro.
Huawei has become quite active in the country’s smartphone recently. The company has launched various smartphones in mid-range and entry-segment in the last few months.
Huawei Ascend Mate key specifications
- 6.1-inch IPS HD display with Corning Gorilla Glass
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- 1.5 GHz quad-core Silicon K3V2 processor
- 2GB of RAM
- 8GB of storage with microSD card
- 8.0-megapixel rear camera with Auto-focus and HDR
- 1.0-megapixel front HD camera
- 4050 mAh battery
- 3G, Wi-Fi, DLNA, Bluetooth v4.0 LE EDR
- Dimensions: 163.5 x 85.7 x 9.9 mm, 198 g