Sony has taken the wraps of its new rugged Android smartphone Xperia ZR today. The phone offers highest level of water-resistance, claims Sony. Packing some impressive features alongside the water-resistance, Xperia ZR will be released in global markets this quarter. The exact release dates will vary region-wise.
According to Sony, the dust-resistant as well as waterproof Xperia ZR is IP55 and IP58 compliant and can keep it submerged in 1.5 meters of fresh water for up to 30 minutes.
“The Xperia ZR pushes the boundaries on where and how consumers can use the full potential of their smartphone. By combining Sony’s leading camera technology with the highest level of water-resistance, you will never miss another moment.” said Calum MacDougall, Director of Xperia Marketing at Sony Mobile Communications.
Sony Xperia ZR features Android 4.1, 4.6-inch 720p HD Reality display, 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro quad-core processor and LTE connectivity. The phone also comes with 13-megapixel rear camera with HDR, 2GB RAM, and NFC.
The company has pre-loaded its usual media applications like “WALKMAN”, Album and Movies on the device.
Sony Xperia ZR key specifications
- Size: 131 x 67.4 x 10.4 mm
- 13 megapixel fast-capture camera with Exmor RS, 16x digital zoom with auto focus
- Front-facing camera (VGA)
- Dust-proof and water-resistant (IP55 / IP58), Shatter proof sheet on scratch-resistant glass
- 4.55 inches TFT, 1280×720 pixels
- Google Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
- 1.5 GHz Qualcomm quad-core processor
- 2GB of RAM, 8GB of on-board storage, microSD card slot (up to 32 GB)
- 3.5 mm audio jack (CTIA), aGPS, Bluetooth 4.0, DLNA Certified, MTP, Micro USB support, NFC