As we reported earlier, Sony has officially announced the launch of its Xperia Tablet Z in India today. The tablet has been priced at INR 46,990 (MRP) and will be available beginning June 1.
The pricing of the tablet does not make sense at all and despite all the features it packs, Xperia Tablet Z is certainly not value for money at INR 46,990 (or even at the street price of INR 44,990).
To remind you, Xperia Tablet Z packs a 10.1-inch full HD display and is powered by 1.5GHz quad-core Snapdragon S4 pro processor. The tablet is also water and dust-resistant.
Other features of the tablet include 2GB of RAM, 8.1MP rear camera, 2.2MP front camera and 6,000 mAh battery. In addition, the tablet comes with Android 4.1 and 16GB of internal storage with microSD card slot for further expansion.
As an introductory promotional offer, Sony is bundling free 16GB microSD card and a case (worth Rs 2,990) with every purchase of the tablet. Sony Xperia Tablet Z also comes with six month free subscription to Sony Music service, which offers DRM free downloads from Sony’s catalog of international and Indian music.
Sony Xperia Tablet Z key features
- 8.1 megapixels rear camera, 2.2MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 172 x 266 x 6.9 mm, weighs 495 grams
- Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
- 1.5 GHz Qualcomm APQ8064+MDM9215M quad-core processor
- Adreno 320 GPU
- IPX5/7 (Water-resistant) & IP5X (Dust-proof)
- 10.1 inches TFT display with 1920×1200 pixels resolution
- 16GB internal storage with microSD card slot
- 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, Glonass, GPS, HDMI via MHL support
PS: E-retailers like Flipkart are already taking pre-orders of the tablet at INR 44,990.