US telecom operator Sprint today announced a new mid-range Android smartphone on its network – Sprint Vital. Made by ZTE, Vital will be landing in Sprint stores on June 14 for $99.99 with the usual two-year contract.
Sprint Vital features a 5-inch 720p IPS display, Android 4.1.2, 1.5GHz Qualcomm dual-core processor and 13MP rear camera. The phone also packs 1MP front camera, 2460 mAh battery, 8GB of internal storage, NFC and microSD card slot. Vital also supports Sprint’s LTE network.
The early reviews of the smartphone are already in and most of them paint a positive image of the phone.
Sprint Vital key specifications
- Android 4.1.2, Jelly Bean
- Sprint 4G LTE
- 1.5GHz dual-core processor (Qualcomm MSM8960)
- Near Field Communication (NFC) capable
- Wi-Fi 802.11 /b/g/n, GPS, 3.5mm headset jack, Bluetooth 4.0 + LE
- 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, 1-megapixel front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 5.591 x 2.811 x 0.392 inches (142.00mm x 71.40mm x 9.95mm)
- Weight: 5.432 ounces (154 grams)
- Display: 5-inch HD 1280 x 720 IPS Display with Break Resistant LCD
- 2,500 mAh removable lithium-ion battery
- 1GB of RAM, 8GB user memory and microSD card slot