HTC has officially launched Desire 500 smartphone today in Taiwan. Joining the company’s previously launched Desire 200 and 600 smartphone in mid-range segment, HTC Desire 500 will be sold for NT$11,900 (INR 23,693). It will be available beginning tomorrow (July 24) in open market and starting August 1 in HTC and Taiwan Mobile stores.
HTC Desire 500 features a 4.3-inch WVGA display, 1.2GHz quad-core Snapdragon 200 processor, 1GB of RAM and 4GB of internal storage. The phone also comes with NFC, 8MP rear camera with LED flash, and Beats Audio.
The smartphone runs on Android 4.2.2 with Sense 5 user interface, which includes software features like Blinkfeed and Video Highlights. HTC is targeting youngsters with the Desire 500, which will be released in a variety of colour options.
HTC Desire 500 key features
- 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 quad-core processor
- Android 4.2.2 with HTC Sense
- Total storage space: 4GB, microSD memory card
- RAM: 1GB
- Size: 131.8 x 66.9 x 9.9 mm
- Weight: 123 grams
- 4.3-inch display, WVGA resolution (480 x 800)
- Built-in GPS / AGPS antenna, 3.5mm audio jack, NFC, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fib/g/n, DLNA
- Beats Audio
- 8-megapixel rear camera with auto focus, LED flash, BSI sensor, built-in HTC ImageChip, F2.0 aperture and 28mm lens
- 1.6-megapixels front camera, with BSI Sensor
- Battery: 1800 mAh