Popular antivirus product maker ESET has issued a major update for its Mobile Security and Antivirus app in Google Play. The new update not only brings a revamped user interface but also a host of new features including new scan levels and protection against the recently discovered Masterkey vulnerability.
“ESET is excited to offer a completely rebuilt version of our mobile security app with advanced features that protect your sensitive data from threats giving you peace of mind when browsing the Internet or downloading applications,” said Palo Luka, ESET Chief Technology Officer.
Here is the complete change-log:
- Completely redesigned tablet and landscape-friendly user interface
- Adjustable status bar notification icon
- Scan level with variable depth of scanning (Quick/Smart/Deep)
- Scheduled scan, Background scan
- SMS/Call filtering in specific times
- Anti-Theft and Startup Wizard
- Built-in USSD Control
- Apps Audit to monitor permissions of installed apps
- Advanced protection against recently discovered Android Master Key related vulnerabilities
If you don’t know about ESET Mobile Security and Antivirus, as the name suggests, it is a security app for your Android devices. It is available for free in Google Play, however it comes with some premium features that are only available to paid subscribers. The paid subscription is available as an in-app purchase.