Over 1.5 years and 500,000 downloads later, Indian retail giant Flipkart has finally decided to release a native Android application. The company on Thursday released an updated version of its Android app in Google Play, which replaces its old “crappy mobile website wrapped in app form” app.
The new version looks sleek and decent; it offers more or less the same experience that is available on Flipkart.com.
Here is a look at the features of the app:
- Easily navigate through different departments to find products
- Search for products, categories or brands using text, voice or even by barcode
- Quickly narrow your search using Sort and Filter functions
- View product image up close with the zoom feature
- Read reviews that other users have written about different products
- Pay by Cash on Delivery, Credit/Debit Cards, EMI and NetBanking
- Track status of items in your order
- View recently browsed products and their details even when network not available
- Share products with friends through SMS, Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, Google+ etc.
- Access your existing Flipkart account and saved user details