Motorola is rolling out a software update for its Moto X smartphone variant available for T-Mobile customers. The update, which brings a host of improvements including better camera quality, is now available over-the-air.
You will automatically get a notification for the update on your Moto X, however you can also manually trigger the update by going to Settings << About Phone << System updates << Download.
Here is the full change-log for software update 139.12.57.ghost_row.Retail.en.US
- Camera: Improved Photo Quality (Improved capture of natural light (auto-white balance) and color accuracy for more precise exposure in outdoor and backlit scenes)
- Camera: Improved Focus (Faster touch to focus time and reduced unnecessary refocusing in low light conditions and scenes with continuous motion)
- Camera: Faster Switching (Shortened the time it takes to switch between rear and front-facing cameras, as well as transition between the viewfinder and the Gallery app)
- Enhanced Touchless Control: Increased accuracy and responsiveness when using Touchless Control, and added easier training of the “OK Google Now” trigger
- Improved Motorola Migrate Experience: Improved transfer of content from an old Android phone to a new Motorola phone
- Google Drive 50GB Promotion: Added a promotion expiration date (customers have 30 days from phone activation or installation of this update to redeem the 50GB offer)
- Calling: Improved Voice Quality (Fixed an issue that could sometimes result in choppy audio being heard by the person you’re talking with on your Moto X)
- Moto Care: Lost Device Finder (Fixed an issue that could sometimes prevent a lost phone from reporting its location to the Moto Care Lost Device Finder service)
- Motorola Assist: Driving Detection (Fixed an issue that could sometimes cause the phone to read out text messages and announce calls when not in Drive mode)
The update is expected to be released on other telecom operators in the coming weeks.