As the 7-inch version of Amazon’s Kindle Fire HDX tablet gets ready to become available beginning tomorrow in the United States, the company has started taking pre-orders for UK and Canada.
Both 7-inch and 8.9-inch Kindle Fire HDX tablets can now be pre-ordered from Amazon.ca and Amazon.co.uk. While Amazon is releasing Wi-Fi only and LTE versions of both tablets in UK, only Wi-Fi versions will go on sale in Canada.
The shipping for 7-inch Wi-Fi only Kindle HDX tablet will begin November 13 in UK (November 27 for LTE version), however 8.9-inch HDX will go on sale two days later on November 19 (December 13 for LTE version). Both tablets will start shipping on November 26 in Canada.
- Wi-Fi only Kindle Fire HDX: £199 (16GB), £229 (32GB), £259 (64GB)
- LTE Kindle Fire HDX (with Vodafone): £269 (16GB), £299 (32GB), £329 (64GB)
- Wi-Fi only Kindle Fire HDX 8.9: £329 (16GB), £369 (32GB), £409 (64GB)
- LTE Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 (with Vodafone): £399 (16GB), £439 (32GB), £479 (64GB)
- Wi-Fi only Kindle Fire HDX: CDN$ 254 (16GB), CDN$ 294 (32GB), CDN$ 334 (64GB)
- Wi-Fi only Kindle Fire HDX 8.9: CDN$ 399 (16GB), CDN$ 449 (32GB), CDN$ 499 (64GB)
# Extra for ‘without special offers’ version
“It’s been just two years since we introduced the first Kindle Fire, and we are grateful for the overwhelmingly positive response from customers. The team is innovating at an unbelievable speed, and we’re excited to bring our new Kindle Fire HDX to Canada and UK,” said Jeff Bezos, Amazon.com Founder and CEO.
“2.2 GHz processor, 339 ppi display, new 34 per cent lighter design, Fire OS 3.0 and new exclusive features and services. We’ve worked hard to pack this much hardware, innovation and customer obsession into these prices,” he added.