LG has announced that it is officially beginning the global roll-out of its G Pad 8.3 tablet from South Korea next week. The tablet will be available at retailers in the country for 500,000 won (around $510).
The company has also reiterated that it plans to launch the tablet in 29 more markets by the end of this year and India is expected to be one of these countries. The company’s India arm had earlier stated that it plans to release G Pad 8.3 in the country sometime in October.
To remind you, LG G Pad 8.3 comes with 8.3-inch display and is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 600 processor. The company is only releasing the Wi-Fi only version of the tablet at this moment and there is no word on whether LTE or 3G version of the tablet will ever be available or not.
LG G Pad 8.3 key specifications
- Processor: 1.7GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 Processor
- Display: 8.3-inch WUXGA (1920 x 1200 pixels / 273 ppi)
- Memory: 16GB eMMC, microSD card slot
- RAM: 2GB LPDDR2
- Camera: Rear 5.0MP / Front 1.3MP
- Battery: 4,600mAh
- Operating System: Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2
- Size: 216.8 x 126.5 x 8.3mm
- Weight: 338g
- Colours: Black / White