Samsung has announced that its Galaxy Tab 3 Kids will be available in the United States beginning November 10. It will be priced at $229.99 and the consumers will also be able to pre-order it starting November 1.
“Today’s kids are incredibly tech-savvy and regularly use technology at home, at school and on-the-go,” said Nanda Ramachandran, vice president of emerging business, Samsung Mobile. “Studies show that 70 percent of tablet owners share their tablets with their children. The Galaxy Tab 3 Kids is engaging, encourages learning and fosters creativity in a safe environment that parents can easily manage.”
Originally introduced back in August, the tablet features a 7-inch 1024x600p resolution display, 1.2GHz dual-core processor, Android 4.1, 3MP rear camera, 1.3MP front camera and 4,000 mAh battery. It also packs 1GB of RAM, 8GB of internal storage and microSD card slot.
Here is a look at select features of Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Kids
- Special Kid’s Interface: Easily access kid-specific content through the easy to navigate user interface, including kid-friendly apps and games.
- Kid-Friendly Games: Toca Train, Wipeout, Fruit Ninja, Disney’s Toy Story: Smash It! and Where’s My Perry and more.
- Educational Apps: Learn ABCs and 123s with educational apps including I Learn With Ocean, Dolphin Reader, Inventions 2 and Kids Planet Discovery
- Parental Controls: Manage a child’s tablet experience, including what content kids can access, as well as when and how long they use the tablet at one time.
- Built-For-Kids Case: Protect the lightweight, portable tablet from bumps and bruises with the colorful, easy-to-hold case available in orange.
Offers: The Galaxy Tab 3 Kids comes with $10 credit for the purchase of applications, books, movies and music in Google Play; free 12-months of Boingo Mobile Wi-Fi access; 3-Month Hulu Plus Membership for new users; two years of up to 50GB of DropBox storage; and more.
It will be available at Samsung.com, Amazon, Best Buy, Fry’s, Office Depot, Sam’s Club, Tiger Direct and Toys “R” Us.