Exploding Micromax Canvas 2.2 sends owner to hospital

Exploded Micromax smartphoneA New Delhi resident was recently hospitalised after suffering serious injuries from an exploding Micromax smartphone.  The specific details of the explosion are unknown but it seems to have originated from the battery of the smartphone.

According to a report in Gadgets to Use, Micromax’s Canvas 2.2 smartphone recently exploded, sending the owner to hospital. The person has suffered some serious injuries on the face and hand. You can check the images of those injuries at the source as we have decided not to publish them here because of their graphic nature.

The smartphone in question – Canvas 2.2 – was launched by the company last month and comes with the usual specifications present in most budget phablets from the Indian vendors. It is currently sold around INR 12,900 in the country.

We hope there is a proper investigation in what led to this unfortunate incident.



Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: