Samsung has started rolling out Android 4.3 update for Galaxy S III smartphone in the Indian market. The update is now available over-the-air as well as via Samsung Kies software, which can be downloaded from here.
This update will take the smartphone from Android 4.1.2 to Android 4.3, which brings features like
Knox security platform (see update), Smart Switch, HomeSync, Group Play 2.5, updated user-interface and better DayDream feature.
You can check out more changes below
- TRIM Support
- ANT+ Support
- Updated overall UI
- New Samsung Keyboard, New Lockscreen, New Screen modes
- Move-to-SD-card feature
- Sound and Shot Camera Mode
- Notification Bar Enhancements, revamped Settings UI
- Implementation of Voice controls
- New Samsung Apps: Calculator, Clock, Contacts, Gallery, Music
- Updated S-Voice, Galaxy Gear Support
- Improved performance (Graphics, Multimedia, Bluetooth etc.)
You will automatically get an OTA notification on your phone but if you don’t want to wait, you can manually check for the update by going to Settings << About Phone << Software update << Check for updates. You can also update the phone via Kies.
OTA Update size: 408 MB
If you have updated your Galaxy S III to Android 4.3, do let us know about the experience in the comments section.
Update: Looks like Samsung has not included Knox in the Android 4.3 update for Indian Galaxy S III.
Thanks Raja, Mukul for the tip