Sony has announced the new Xperia T2 Ultra and Ultra dual smartphones at its China press event today. Targeted to emerging markets – Xperia T2 Ultra and its dual-SIM version will be released in the coming months.
“Xperia T2 Ultra will lead the category through its combination of advanced display and camera technologies, it will bring large-screen entertainment in an amazingly portable form factor and it will do it all whilst providing incredible value for money,” said Calum MacDougall, Director of Xperia Marketing at Sony Mobile Communications.
Coming to the specifics, Xperia T2 Ultra features a 6-inch 720p HD Triluminos display, 13MP rear camera, 1.1MP front camera, 1.4GHz quad-core Snapdragon 400 processor, 1GB of RAM and 8GB of internal storage. The phone also packs microSD card slot, 3000 mAh battery, and LTE support.
The phone is just 7.6mm thick and weighs only 173 grams, certainly a feat for a smartphone with such a large display.
According to Sony, for users in most Asia Pacific markets, Xperia T2 Ultra will come with out-of-the-box integration with Sony Entertainment Network as well as Sony’s PlayMemories Online storage service, whilst in China users will have access to an exclusive Sony movies channel via Sohu and the Sony Zone, a 320Kbps high quality streaming MP3 service.
There is no word on the pricing right now.
Sony Xperia T2 Ultra and Ultra dual specifications
- 6-inch HD TRILUMINOS Display with X-Reality engine
- Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean MR2)
- 1.4GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 quad-core processor
- 13MP rear camera with HD video recording (1080p) and Exmor RS for mobile, 1.1MP frontcamera
- 165.2 x 83.8 x 7.65 mm, 172 grams
- 1GB of RAM, 8GB of internal storage, microSD card slot
- WCDMA, LTE, TD-SCDMA
- 3.5 mm audio jack (CTIA)
- GLONASS, aGPS, ANT+, Bluetooth 4.0, DLNA, MHL support, NFC
- Colours: Black, White, Purple