In addition to the new smartphones and tablets, Samsung has also unveiled Galaxy Camera 2 for the Indian market at the Samsung Forum 2014 in Bali today. This Galaxy Camera successor was originally announced at CES 2014 in Las Vegas.
Talking about the camera in detail, Samsung Galaxy Camera 2 comes with a 16MP BSI CMOS sensor, 21x optical zoom lens and optical image stabilisation. The camera also packs a 4.8-inch LCD, 1.6GHz quad-core processor, Android 4.3, 2GB of RAM, 8GB of internal storage, microSD card slot, and xenon flash.
Samsung has also included the usual connectivity options as well as NFC, 2000mAh battery on the smart camera.
On the software front, the company has included a host of tweaks to make the imaging experience better for the consumers like Tag & Go, Photo Beam, Mobile Link, Remote Viewfinder, Smart Mode, Smart Mode Suggest, Selfie Alarm and Multi-motion video.
Samsung has not revealed the pricing or availability date for Galaxy Camera 2 at this moment but we expect it to arrive sometime next month.
- Image Sensor: 16.3 MP, 1/2.3″, BSI CMOS
- Lens: 21x optical zoom lens, 23 mm Wide Angle, F2.8(W) ~ 5.9(T)
- Display: 4.8-inchHD Super Clear Touch LCD
- ISO support: Auto, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200
- Processor: 1.6GHz quad-core processor
- OS: Android 4.3
- Memory: 8GB of internal memory, microSD slot and 2GB of RAM
- Image: JPG in 16M, P14M, 12M Wide, 10M, 10MP, 9.2M Wide, 5M, 3M, 2M Wide, 1M
- Video: MP4 video in Full HD 1920×1080 /30fps, 1280×720 /60fps, 1280×720 /30fps, 640×480 /60fps,
- 640×480(30fps), 320×240(30fps) as well as Multi Motion Video 768 x 512 (WVGA, x1/8, x1/4, x1/2, x2, x4, x8) /120fps
- Flash: Built-in Pop-up Xenon Flash
- App store: Google Play support and access to all Google Android apps
- Connectivity: WiFi a/b/g/n, WiFi HT40, GPS/GLONASS, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC
- Dimensions: 132.5 x 71.2 x 19.3 mm, 283g
- Battery: 2000 mAh