With Galaxy S5 set to reach the country on April 11, Samsung India has reduced the price of Galaxy S4 smartphone. The phone is now retailing for just INR 29,860 at various e-retailers. To remind you, the phone was earlier selling for closer to INR 34,000.
Samsung’s official India e-store is yet to update its pricing but we expect them to do so over the weekend or next week. At the new pricing, Galaxy S4 is a great buy and will be competing directly with Google Nexus 5, which retails for a similar pricing.
To remind you, Galaxy S4 was originally launched in April 2013 in the country for a price-tag of INR 41,500. The phone features Exynos 5 Octa processor, 5-inch full HD Super AMOLED display, 2GB of RAM and Android 4.2.2. Samsung India has already released the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for the phone, which is available over-the-air.
Although, it is no word on the pricing of Galaxy S5 right now but the phone is expected to retail around INR 40,000 at launch. As always, we will let you know as soon as we hear something concrete.
Here is a quick recap of Samsung Galaxy S4 specifications
- HSPA+ 42Mbps support
- Display: 5 inch Full HD Super AMOLED (1920 x 1080) display, 441 ppi
- 1.6 GHz Octa-Core Processor
- Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) (KitKat update available)
- 13-megapixel auto focus camera with Flash & Zero Shutter Lag, BIS
- 2-megapixel front camera, Full HD recording @30fps with Zero Shutter Lag, BIS
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (HT80), GPS / GLONASS , NFC, Bluetooth 4.0 (LE), IR LED (Remote Control), MHL 2.0
- Sensor: Accelerometer, RGB light, Geomagnetic, Proximity, Gyro, Barometer, Temperature & Humidity, Gesture
- Memory: 16GB, microSD slot (up to 64GB)
- 2GB of RAM
- Dimension: 136.6 x 69.8 x 7.9 mm, 130g
- Battery: 2,600 mAh