Alongside HTC Desire 210 and One M8, HTC India has also announced the launch of Desire 816 Android smartphone in the country. This mid-range phone from the company was originally introduced at Mobile World Congress in February.
HTC Desire 816 has been priced at INR 23,990 in India and will go on sale in the first week of May.
The smartphone features 5.5-inch 720p HD display, dual-SIM support, 1.6GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 quad-core processor, Android 4.4.2 with Sense 6.0, and 1.5GB of RAM. Desire 816 also comes with 13MP rear camera, 5MP front camera, 2600 mAh battery, 8GB of internal storage, and microSD card slot.
The pricing is quite decent for the given specifications and the phone will compete with the likes of Samsung Galaxy Grand 2, Sony Xperia T2 Ultra, and Lenovo K900 in the country.
“The HTC Desire 816 is the start of the mid-tier performance smartphone. Taking the best technology and putting it into the Desire 816 challenges everything people will expect from a mid-tier smartphone with performance,” said Jack Yang, President of HTC South Asia.
HTC Desire 816 key specifications
- Size: 156.6×78.7×7.99mm, 165 grams
- Display: 5.5-inch HD, 1280x720p
- Processor: 1.6GHz quad-core, Qualcomm Snapdragon 400
- Memory: 1.5GB of RAM, 8GB of internal storage, microSD card slot
- Cameras: 13MP rear, 5MP front
- Battery: 2600 mAh
- OS: Android 4.4.2 with Sense 6
- Sound: Boomsound, dual-frontal stereo speakers
- SIM support: Dual (GSM + WCDMA / CDMA)
- Connectivity: 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, DLNA