HTC on Thursday announced its new One mini 2 smartphone. A down-sized variant of the company’s One (M8) smartphone, One mini 2 comes with almost identical design to its bigger brother, however the specifications are slightly inferior.
According to HTC, One mini 2 will go on sale in EMEA (Europe, the Middle East and Africa) region and North Asia beginning June 2014 in Gunmetal Gray, Glacial Silver and Amber Gold colours. No word on the pricing, which will be revealed during the local launch events.
Coming to the specs, the phone features a 4.5-inch 720p HD display, Android 4.4 with Sense 6.0, 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 quad-core processor and 1GB of RAM. One mini 2 also packs 13MP rear camera, 5MP front camera, 16GB of internal storage and microSD card slot. There is no duo camera or Ultrapixel technology present in the mini version.
In addition, HTC has included the usual connectivity options like 3G/ 4G LTE (depending on the market), Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and NFC on the phone.
“The latest member of the award-winning HTC One family distils the advanced features that have earned it global acclaim, into an elegant, compact handset. Its size and tapered edges fit perfectly in a hand, pocket or purse, making it look great and feel even better to use. It’s the perfect choice for those who love the iconic design of the HTC One (M8) yet want something more compact,” said Peter Chou, CEO of HTC Corporation.
HTC One mini 2 specifications
- Size: 137.43 x 65.04 x 10.6mm, 137 grams
- Display: 4.5-inch, 1280x720p HD
- Processor: 1.2GHz quad-core, Qualcomm Snapdragon 400
- OS: Android 4.4 with Sense 6
- Memory: 1GB of RAM, 16GB of onboard storage, microSD card slot with support up to 128GB
- Sensors: Accelerometer, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor
- Connectivity: NFC, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, DLNA,
- Sound: HTC Boomsound, Dual front stereo speakers with built-in amplifiers, Sense Voice
- Cameras: 13MP rear with BSI sensor, 5MP front with BSI sensor
- Battery: 2,100 mAh
- Others: Internal GPS antenna + GLONASS, Digital compass