XOLO has started rolling out Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for its Q1000 Opus smartphone in the country. The update is now available both over-the-air as well as via manual download from the company website.
235MB in size, the OTA update brings the usual KitKat goodies for the smartphone. You can expect to see improved dialer and downloads apps, cloud-print support, immersive mode, option to select Hangouts as your main SMS/ MMS app, performance improvements, and more on your XOLO Q1000 Opus after the update. (Update: Check out full change-log at the end of the report)
Originally launched in December 2013 in the country, XOLO Q1000 Opus comes Android 4.2 pre-installed and is directly jumping to KitKat with the latest update.
You will automatically get a notification once the update is available for your smartphone or you can download it manually from XOLO.in and install it using the instructions given below.
- Download the Q1000 Opus KitKat update from XOLO.in and rename it to update.zip
- Transfer the update file to your phone, Note: save it in the root directory (outside of any folder)
- Open XOLO Care App, select Update and then Check for software update
- Your phone will automatically detect the update file that you have just transferred to your phone and then click continue and wait for the update to complete
- Voila, your phone is now on KitKat.
Update: Full change-log
- Smoother multitasking experience through better memory management
- Upgraded Hangout that supports SMS and MMS integrated in the same application
- Immersive mode that hides everything except the application used
- Smarter caller tool that identifies unknown numbers by using Google Maps data and prioritizes contacts based on the people mostly spoken with
- Redesigned email app with nested folders, contact photos and better navigation
- Integration with Google Drive
Thanks Vasanth KP for the tip