Facebook-owned Instagram has released a new version of its Android app in Google Play earlier today. Carrying the version number 6.0, the updated app brings new editing tools, which let users adjust brightness, contrast, saturation, warmth and more.
“You take a photo to capture a moment, but often what you see in the photograph doesn’t feel the same as what you remember. From brightening up a photo of your dinner party to better capturing the warmth of a sunset portrait, these new creative tools help you bring out and share the beauty of the moment as you remember it—right inside the same simple Instagram you already know,” Instagram team wrote in a blog post.
There are a total of 10 new photo-editing tools, which are accessible via the new wrench icon. You can now also double tap the filter icon to choose how much of a filter you want to apply to your image.
Here is the full change-log
- Double-tap on filters to adjust the filter strength
- Perfect your composition with Adjust and Vignette
- Enrich colors with Warmth and Saturation
- Adjust lights and darks with Brightness, Contrast, Highlights and Shadows
- Make your photos crisp and clear with Sharpen
- Improved design and bug fixes