CyanogenMod team has started churning out CM 11.0 M8 builds for supported devices earlier today. Now available via CM Updater on the CyanogenMod running devices and as a manual download from their website, the new release is based on Android 4.4.4 and brings a number of improvements and fixes.
CyanogenMod 11.0 M8 also adds support for several new devices like Sony Xperia Z2 (sirius), Xiaomi Mi2 (aries), Oppo Find 7a/s (Find7) and OnePlus One (bacon), which have been getting nightlies for some time.
Here is the full change-log
- Android 4.4.4 (Google)
- Fix for VPN issues related to 4.4.3
- Enable ‘Heads Up’ notification mode (Settings > Notifications)
- Interface’ replaced by ‘Status Bar’, ‘Notification Drawer’, and ‘Gestures’
- Moved ‘Expanded Desktop’ to ‘Display’
- Moved all lock screen related items to ‘Lock Screen’ and removed duplicates from ‘Security’
- Moved ‘Navigation Bar’ layout control to ‘Buttons’
- Trebuchet: Custom Homescreen grid size, Add Protected Apps feature, Add Search Panel (Google Now) option
- WhisperPush: No longer ignores ‘Blacklist’
- Futex: Protect against Towelroot
- Various small bugfixes, global and device-specific
To remind you, M or Milestone releases are the new stable releases for CM, if you are waiting for stable CM 11.0, any M release is the most stable experience you are going to get.