HTC and Japanese telecom operator KDDI have unveiled the new J Butterfly smartphone. A successor to the original J Butterfly, the new smartphone comes with improved specifications in a water-proof plastic chassis.
The specifications of the phone are similar to HTC flagship One (M8) but there are still some changes like the presence of a 13MP rear shooter instead of an Ultrapixel camera in One M8. The J Butterfly still includes the Duo camera arrangement but the company dubs it as Duo effect in J Butterfly. Among other specifications, the phone is powered by 2.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, 5-inch FHD display, 2GB of RAM and 2700 mAh battery. You can check out the full specifications later in the report.
Release date: Late-August, 2014
Pricing: There is no word on the pricing right now and it will be revealed closer to the availability.
Release outside Japan: It is unclear if HTC plans to bring the phone to other markets but it did release the original J Butterfly as HTC Butterfly in select Asian and European markets and Droid DNA in US on Verizon. So, there is a chance that we could see J Butterfly in other countries.
HTC J Butterfly specifications
- Display: 5.0-inch Super LCD 3 Full HD, 1920x1080p
- Memory: 2GB of RAM, 32GB of internal storage, microSD card slot
- Colours: Rouge, Canvas, Indigo
- Connectivity: IR Blaster, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, 4G LTE
- OS: Android 4.4
- Processor: 2.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801
- Battery: 2700 mAh
- Cameras: 13MP rear camera with depth sensor (HTC Duo camera), 5MP front camera
- Size: 70x145x10mm, 156 grams