Powered by Intel Atom processor
Metis Learning has partnered with Intel to announce the launch of an Android tablet for the children in the Indian market. Dubbed as Eddy tablet, it has been powered by Intel Atom Z2520 processor and will retail for INR 9,999 in the country..
“Today we live in an era where children are exposed to technology from their early years through the inevitable presence of multiple screens in their lives. When used efficiently and effectively technology truly be a wonderful part of a child’s life. The Eddy powered by the Intel Atom processor combines an ideal balance of performance and battery life coupled with strong learning content to provide an innovative and exciting solution for kids,” said Sandeep Arora, Director, Marketing and Market Development, Intel South Asia.
The Eddy tablet features Android 4.2 with kid-friendly Athena OS, 7-inch IPS display, 16GB of internal storage and microSD card slot.
Eddy Tablet features
- Pre-loaded with over 160 learning apps selected by educators and experts
- Eddy’s preloaded content covers over 300 key skills which a child needs to learn between the ages of 2 to 10
- Athena OS provides children a completely safe environment and allow for robust parental controls, including time discipline, usage reports and kid-safe internet browsing
- Tablet screen is ophthalmologist approved, and ensures UV ray protection and lower eyestrain compared to other screens.
- Specially designed screen is scratch proof and impact resistant, with a 9H hardness level
- Sports a drop-safe bumper made of food grade silicone bumper to prevent damage from falls
According to Metis Learning, the tablet is now available exclusively at Amazon India.